Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flea Market Tips

Want to have your own flea market booth. Here are some of my beginner tips. Since I'm a newbie myself hopefully we can learn a little together. I've received some great advice from fellow vendors as well as learned so much on my own.

Here are some tips..

* Removable Stickers! Most all places will require these anyway.
* Scope out several places before deciding where to rent. Price each plus visit a few times and see which ones have customers and which ones do not.
* Scope out other vendors/prices.
* Ask to see their books. Most places will not be offended if you ask to peek at the vendor books. That is unless the books have personal information.
*Ask about all costs upfront. Booth rent/commission/credit card fees/misc expenses
*Once you have your booth visit it often!
*Keep your booth well lit. I have clear Christmas lights covered in sheer fabric plus two spot lamps.
*Keep your booth clean. It will make your items appear worth more.
*Change out/ rotate items not selling. I recently took down all my Easter items and rotated different stuff around my booth and ended up selling a few things I'd had since the beginning just because they were in a new spot.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! I got a booth. My booth number is: 233..see Amanda I remmebered!!! lol!! Cant wait till my first payday!!

    Mom Hicks

    ReplyDelete